A chilled, flavorful soup with a tomato base that is packed with vegetables, is a common Spanish vegetable juice. Here is a recipe juice:
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional, to balance acidity)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional, for added flavor)
- Croutons or diced vegetables for garnish (optional)
- 1. Wash and chop all the vegetables into smaller pieces. You can peel the cucumber and remove the seeds if you prefer a milder flavor.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, and garlic. Blend until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- 3. Add the tomato juice, red wine vinegar, and olive oil to the blended vegetable mixture. Blend again until well combined.
- 4. Taste the Gazpacho and season with salt, black pepper, sugar, and cumin if desired. Adjust the seasoning to your preference. Gazpacho should have a balance of acidity and a slightly spicy, fresh flavor.v
- 5. Transfer the Gazpacho to a large bowl or pitcher and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours or until it’s thoroughly chilled. This soup is traditionally served cold.v
- 6. Before serving, give the Gazpacho a good stir. You can also garnish it with croutons, diced vegetables, or fresh herbs.
- 7. Serve the Spanish Gazpacho in chilled bowls or glasses.
Note: The ingredients and spices in gazpacho can be changed to suit your preferences because it is a flexible recipe. For an extra spicy sensation, some people like to add a tiny bit of hot sauce or Tabasco. Feel free to play around and personalise it.
This Spanish vegetable juice is perfect for hot summer days and makes for a healthy and delicious appetizer or light meal. Enjoy!